Saturday 1 December 2012

Pig in a bag

The other day I got on the bus in Amarete in the high altitude part of the province to take a trip down to a village in the tropical part, and got a bit of a shock due my travelling companion.

A deaf/mute sat down in the seat next to me, and not long had he done so than a woman unceremoniously dumped a bag at his feet, before taking her seat a couple of rows in front. It was only when the bag began to sqeel and wriggle about that I realised there was an animal struggling to get out. The deaf/mute gave it a whack every now and then every time it became a bit too lively. I realised why the women had dumped the pig at his feet when the lady who took money for the tickets chastised him for bringing it on board and he was unable to defend himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment